Monday, February 8, 2010

Nope, not done yet...

You didn't really think I was through, did you?!?

I passed ou right after dinner..not smart, cause by 3am I was wide awake. Thanks to red bull, it didn't matter much today..we woke bright and early and got a complete tour of the village. The village is incredible!! Absolutely mindblowing!! Everything about it is in incredible. How such an incredible place could be created in such a short period of time is amazing. The farm, the homes, the school...everything is amazing!! There are no words to describe..if I told u..u wouldn't believe me.
We also toolk a trip into the local town today and walked around the market. Now that was an adventure!! The locals were taking photographs of us as if we were celebrities...lol. Naturally, I posed for them and pulled brian in for some shots as well :-)
I had the great privilege to meet Nir when we returned from the market. Nir shared with us his hopes and dreams for the village. His learning beliefs and philosphies, and he concluded with an incredibly warm thank you to us and all of liquidnet. His choice of wors were so touching, I couldn't hold back tears. It was evident that Nir and everyone in the village is so grateful and appreciative of everyone and everything Liquidnet has done and does for the village. You should all be very proud of yourself!! You may not know it, but you are making a huge impact in the lives of so many here!!! I invited Nir to participate in the triathalon this summer, so hopefully he decided to do so, and you can all meet him if he comes to NY. I feel lucky and honored to have met Nir..and I hope you all have the privilege to meet him one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment