Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Being here in Rwanda has really been an adventure for me from many perspectives. It made up for the fact that I haven't been back to Haiti since my arrival in the US. The two countries are very similar in terms of people, transportation infrastructures, and way of living. While I haven't walked that much since I left Haiti, I am having a blast walking down here in Rwanda.

My visit to the Ntunga market brought back great memories of Haiti. The merchants were friendly even when we tried to negotiate on the price of the variety of goods they were selling. I bought the tastiest and sweetest pineapple along with some clothing fabric at the market.

My trip to the town of Rubona was an experience that is forever etched in my mind. The Liquidnet team down here in Rwanda was surrounded by over 200 of the most beautiful, innocent, loving and playful children. They had us take pictures of them, and the look on their eyes when they saw their pictures is worth dying for. The moment was just intense.

Tomorrow, I will brief you on my technical adventures down here in Rwanda.

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment