Friday, February 12, 2010

Dana Stories Con't...

This morning we woke at 530am and went on a hike through the rice plantation. Nir gave us a tour of the local farms and crops, as well as the village water source. The hike was beautiful and lasted for around 3 hours.
When we got back to the village we attempted to do some laundry, but it was taking too long that we decided to go to school and do the wash later.
I sat in on a geograohy class and learned things I was never taught when I was in school. I was amazedto see the difference between the first year and second year students. the classes I taught earlier in the week were all first year students and many struggled with simple english words, but the second year students sat through an entire geography class in english...amazing!! The second year students speak so beautifully.
After class we went to lunch, which was actually very good today. The cooked banana and rice was getting old, so I was stoked to see eggplant and carrots.
School ended at one today, so I'm looking forward to spending most of the afternoon playing sports with the kids. Then, at five we are meeting the JDC volunteers for shabbat dinner and rumor has it there's a dance tonight. Keep you posted!
-Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment