Sunday, February 7, 2010

From Rob: The Work Begins

Looks like my other emails never made it. So here goes.

After the longest flight I have ever been on, we finally made it to
Rwanda. This country is amazing. So far it has been quite eye opening.

Went to the Genocide Memorial Museum this morning. Words cannot
describe the feelings I had when looking at the pictures of the
victims. Seeing the exhibits just reinforced my excitement to help in
the village.

After the museum we came to the village. I met many of the kids. Many
of them speak very good english. We talked about a great range of
things. Aspirations, classes, and life in the village. It was a bit
conflicting to me having seeing the kids smiling and excited to see
us, knowing what they have been through. It was tough finding the
words.

After dinner we have promptly started work. Getting to know the
network and began implementing the servers we brought.

Its amazing we managed to get around 40 laptops and 2 full sized
desktops through customs!

Murabeho for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment