Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dana Stories con't...

I am beat!! Today was another exhausting, yet fantastic day! We started our day with a walk into "town"...we got swarmed by hundreds of students from the local school. The kids were adorable, but let's just say I would never want to be famous! Every child wanted to shake our hand, talk to us, stare at us, ask us for money, rub off the "white" on my skin, touch my hair, take photos, have my sunglasses, take my bag...everything! The first 20 minutes was cute, but then it was enough. We finally made it back to the village nearly 3 hours later...maybe 2..I don't really recall since I was so dehydrated and exhausted from the heat. Brian was very generous to give us 15 mins to rest before we had to get back to work. We delivered laptops to the office for the staff, and then I went with Rick to take photos of the cafeteria because they need to fix the acoustics. After that me rick and eddie went to play volleyball with some of the students...OMG!! I thought karate was hard yesterday...this felt like bootcamp. It was all guys, and they were real good..I played for about 45 minutes and then went to karate. I didn't want to hold the team back...at least in karate when I don't do well, they have someone to laugh at, but I'm not holding anyone back.
I just got back from karate and am about to pack for our trip to kigali. We will be heading there this evening, so we can wake early and go on the gorilla trek. I can't wait for the trek...more stories when we return.

No comments:

Post a Comment