Tuesday, February 9, 2010

From Dana: More class stories

My second class was my favorite. The students were more advanced than the first class, so we were able to work with them on writing complete sentences and we were also able to teach them new expressions and emotions. When zoe and I met with Sonia yesterday, she told us that many students have difficulty expressing themselves and dealing with their emotions. In class today we gave them words like dissapointment, hopeful, excited and we discussed the meaning and had them write complete sentences using the words. I was blown away by how successful this exercise was. None of the students knew the word excited or motivated and I hope to hear them use some of the new words we taught them in family time. Last night everyone said their day was good..this week I hope to hear some other feelings about their day.
Our 3rd and 4th class were similar in level to our first class, so we worked on vocabulary, spelling, and a few short sentences. Both classes were so thrilled to have Zoe and I there, no one wanted us to leave. After class, they kept us to ask more questions, lots of questions..all the students want to know everything about everything..and we did our best to answer everything about everything :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment