Thursday, June 13, 2013

From Joe: T - minus 8 hours and counting


Getting close to lift-off.  Leaving for Rwanda in a few hours.  Anxious and nervous about going to Rwanda.  Ready to go, just don’t know what to expect, even though many people have told me what to expect. 

Re-flight routine this morning was like any other day at the Croasdale household.  What you would expect for a couple married 22+ years with two teenagers:

  • Sherri (my wife) made me sign a power of attorney   “… just in case….”    Yes Sherri, the insurance is paid up too. 
  • Ally (my 16 year old daughter) gave me a very long hug goodbye.  She wanted to remind me that she is still my little girl even though yesterday she just announced that she has an upper classman as a boy-friend.  Thanks Ally, that will make me sleep well at night.    
  • Brendan (19 year old son) managed a good bye from his man cave upstairs.   But he has been doing his own charitable work since he got home from school.
  • And to top it off, I broke my “indestructible suitcase” leaving the house. 

Although I want to help out wherever I can on this trip, I know I will walk away with much more than this 50 year old can give.  I hope to use my work experience to help the school financially and also to use my muscle (stop laughing Angela !!!) to do some physical labor.  I plan to attend a few classes while I am there and to introduce Frisbee to the school (and Al Berg).

Thanks for reading my first blog ever. 

More to come (with pictures) once we arrive.  I promise there will be no “dying albatross” videos of any of us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment